Statement of Faith
Harbourside Church Statement of Faith:
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- We believe that the Bible is God's Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
- We believe that humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him, yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgement entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of virgin birth, and is God's Anointed One empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God's Kingdom on earth.
- We believe that as both God and man the Lord Jesus Christ is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life. He was crucified for our sins, died on the cross in our place, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive today.
- We believe the victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy and victory over sin, sickness and death.
- We believe we are saved by God's grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and to be restored to fellowship with God we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as our Saviour and Lord.
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to walk in the fruits of the spirit and use spiritual gifts. We believe the gifts are for every believer.
- We believe in the power and significance of the Church and the necessity of believers to meet regularly together. We believe the church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom.
- We believe in God's power to transform and equip us so that we can live healthy and blessed lives in order to love and serve others more effectively and release His kingdom into our every day lives.
- We believe in the ever-increasing reign of God and in the blessed hope, which is the visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ who is coming back again as He promised.
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.